Listening to a sermon, watching a video, or checking out the latest event pictures are all ways to invest in your life of faith and our church community. Media can be used to infuse your life with Living Water and keep you informed.
Life In The Son
June Sermon & Small Group Series
When it comes to Christian life and experience, a lot of folks have understood the gospel (what God has done for us) as the thing that gets us “in,” but the thing that then keeps us in (an incorrect assumption) is our own effort, work, and performance. We see that the gospel is the footing for the Christian life, but we often fail to see that it’s also the blocks in the wall that build a powerful and growing Christian life.
Unless we come to see and embrace the fact that the gospel never loses its importance in the practical outworking of the Christian life, we’ll continue to undercut and cheapen the gospel’s impact. And, really most Christians are not making the choice to replace the Gospel. It’s not that clear cut. It’s sneaky because what they try to do is to simply add to it. This is called Jesus plus theology. For many of us, it may be Jesus plus my achievements, Jesus plus my training/ability/strengths, Jesus plus self-improvement, Jesus plus tolerance, and the list grows as long as you have time to write!
It will include whatever we’re holding on to: a desire, a cause, a trend, a pursuit, a routine. Martin Luther once said, “Whatever your heart clings to and confides in, that is really your God”—your functional savior.
In June we will be looking at our lives with Jesus with nothing added: What he gives and what he does for us. Just Jesus.
- June 2nd - “Jesus Gives Faith” Galatians 1:1-12; Luke 7:1-10 (Pastor Mike preaching)
- June 9th - “Jesus Gives Life” Galatians 1:11-24; Luke 7:11-17 (Pastor Ryan preaching)
- June 16th - “Jesus Gives Forgiveness” Galatians 2:15-21; Luke 7:36-50 (Pastor Mike preaching)
- June 23rd – “Jesus Gives Us a Chance” Galatians 3:23-4:7; Luke 8:1-15 (Pastor Mike and Missionary to Ukraine Andy Coyle preaching)
- June 30th – “Jesus Gives Us a Challenge” Galatians 5:13-25; Luke 9:51-62 (Pastor Mike preaching)